Dates for Tokyo Satsuki Festival 2024

Reaction score
Hi,

I plan to visit Tokyo in May/June 2024 and would love to visit the Satsuki Festival that's supposed to be on around that time. There is a lot of information about past years' festivals in Ueno park, but I couldn't find any specific dates for 2024 anywhere. I also tried Google translate on http://www.satsukikyokai.or.jp/, it doesn't seem to have anything yet.
Does anyone know the dates, or when the dates are usually published?

Thanks,
Alex

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Here is the thread featuring last year's show. I can't find the dates for this year's show anywhere - and I looked at about four different sites. They all say "mid - late May".

Glaucus

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
You mean the one at Green Club at Ueno station? I believe that one is 18 to 22 of May. If you miss that one, you can go to Kanuma for their festival that's usually from 27 May to 4th of June. Then the Utsunomiya. show usually seems to be from 31 May to 6th of June. Not sure if these days shift from year to year depending on days of the week. I believe they do not. Let me see if I can actually check.

I believe they will put the date on this part of their page:

You can see the 2023 flower show and winter bonsai show dates announced there. Not sure if they move the display from outdoors at the Takenodai Square to indoors inside the Green Club. There may be stuff on display outdoors on the square starting May 10th.

Top Bottom