Collected Doug Fir

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Dug this tree in fall of ‘22 with @Colorado . I left this tree to recover all of last season. At collection there were very little roots, but at repot this spring the roots were very abundant. I have found fir and spruce to be prolific root growers when happy. I potted the tree in this pot and lace rock vessel. The angle may need changing when I style this fall, but we’ll see. What I know now is this tree is very happy. It’s a smaller tree, but the movement is nice and bark craggy

After collection

IMG_4755.jpeg

Current front
IMG_6167.jpeg

Potential new front when styled. I’ll cross that bridge when I get there.
IMG_6169.jpeg

Dug this tree in fall of ‘22 with @Colorado . I left this tree to recover all of last season. At collection there were very little roots, but at repot this spring the roots were very abundant. I have found fir and spruce to be prolific root growers when happy. I potted the tree in this pot and lace rock vessel. The angle may need changing when I style this fall, but we’ll see. What I know now is this tree is very happy. It’s a smaller tree, but the movement is nice and bark craggy

After collection

View attachment 546735

Current front
View attachment 546737

Potential new front when styled. I’ll cross that bridge when I get there.
View attachment 546738

Looks cool on that rock Danny! Looks very similar the rocky areas we collected it from! 😃

Looks cool on that rock Danny! Looks very similar the rocky areas we collected it from! 😃
I agree! Though I do think the pot isn’t working. A little too generic and bulky. Thinking something much more shallow. Possibly another nanban. 🤔

That rock looks pretty cool - this will look awesome once wired

Back
Top Bottom