Boxwood from junk pile

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
The damnest thing happened the other day. I noticed that this guy was pulling up some hawthorn bushes. I had been watching this sweet old procumbens nana for years that was by his driveway. I even asked him about it once a while back. So i was going by there everyday to see if he was removing it. It was there one day and gone the next. I was so super pissed that i missed the opportunity. Still super pissed. Anyways this was the only thing worth keeping out of the rest of the stuff he had out at the street. Repotted and in the greenhouse until spring. Went heavy on the roots and subsequently the limbs 20180205_170451.jpg20180205_170410.jpg

Rose Mary

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The damnest thing happened the other day. I noticed that this guy was pulling up some hawthorn bushes. I had been watching this sweet old procumbens nana for years that was by his driveway. I even asked him about it once a while back. So i was going by there everyday to see if he was removing it. It was there one day and gone the next. I was so super pissed that i missed the opportunity. Still super pissed. Anyways this was the only thing worth keeping out of the rest of the stuff he had out at the street. Repotted and in the greenhouse until spring. Went heavy on the roots and subsequently the limbs View attachment 176886View attachment 176887

Nice save. That box will look amazing when you work on the trunk wood and limbs.
They are pretty tolerant amd in Florida they must go nuts. ?

Too bad about the nana.

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
They are slow here. Its not a kingsville either so its medium rate for a boxwood.

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
A little transformation and a long rest planned for this guy. I think it turned out pretty nice. Maybe some adjustment of the right hand branches though35028E37-0105-4DFD-B082-02CAA374B76E.jpegEF95295E-E315-47E6-9913-A2A1F3815DFE.jpeg

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
This tree has grown super strongly for me so I decided to push it really hard. Possibly to the brink of death. It will most likely have to go in the greenhouse in shade after this. I am removing all the leaves on each shoot except the end two. Then wiring out each shoot to the tip except for the really weak ones. The left hand side has been wired though it's hard to tell. The first left branch that's closest to you broke almost all the way through so that's why there is no wire in that one. Right side is yet to be detail wired 20180619_230831.jpg

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Im constantly stalking other peoples yard shrubs. I understand the angst of missing out on the removal.

This boxwood reminds me a lot of a tree John Geanangel has been styling. Using a several hundred year old oak tree as styling precedent. May be a great inspiration for yours
having so many branches/trunks. Heres a pic of the tree he referenced. Angel Oak. I can't find a pic of his tree however.

Nice score
!xangel-oak-tree-signs-johns-island-sc-charleston.jpg.pagespeed.ic.LSi1Vj8XB-.jpg

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Yep I've seen that one many times. Here is one that we have locally the treaty oak. Horrible reverse taper but reminds me of a huge octopus.30nm609zzs3z.jpg

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
A video. Crossing wires and all. Here's to hoping it was as vigorous as I thought it was so it will recover.

Top Bottom