Boxwood Experiment

humboldtmadness

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Very interesting. The broken container is a unique element. May I ask how you secured the pieces in place and what inspired this planting arrangement? Your work is nice and unique. I wish my projects looked as nice as yours, unfortunately I chose pieces that will take a few years to get into a semblance of good form.

ERIKA

Yamadori
Reaction score
Very interesting. The broken container is a unique element. May I ask how you secured the pieces in place and what inspired this planting arrangement? Your work is nice and unique. I wish my projects looked as nice as yours, unfortunately I chose pieces that will take a few years to get into a semblance of good form.

Thank you for appreciating my work.... As a newbie I get inspiration from photos on the internet and make my own interpretation... The broken piece are just being held by the soil material and some moss, That way I can easily remove the tree when necessary and reuse the broken pot as well...

ERIKA

Yamadori
Reaction score
Boxwood trees are very much in my face these days, as if the universe wants me to get one

:):):) Maybe it's a sign that you should get one for yourself.... One of my personal observation about boxwood is that it is a slow grower--- under our cold climate, so I don't know if it grows faster when in hotter climate....

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
:):):) Maybe it's a sign that you should get one for yourself.... One of my personal observation about boxwood is that it is a slow grower--- under our cold climate, so I don't know if it grows faster when in hotter climate....
Let me get reunited with my olive first and see if it will live longer than a week ;)

JoeH

Omono
Reaction score
The Florida Citrus Arboretum, Winter Haven,Florida
USDA Zone
9B
they are pokey in a hot climate too. Dug my first one a couple months ago. Its grown a little bit so far.

ERIKA

Yamadori
Reaction score
Nice looking tree and concept. I worked at a semi abandoned nursery with lots of neglected plants, wish I were into bonsai way back then

I share your regret... I used to work at our city Orchidarium/Plant Shops as a sales person decades ago !!!! If I have delved into Bonsai back then, I would have a good amount of aged bonsai by now :oops::oops:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
For me...this only works because of the low jins.

And it works well!

Keep them pads Box Tidy and you're good to go!

I like your style!

Sorce

peh3

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Using a broken vase is really interesting and unique. Looks good, only the top jin looks a bit too artificially carved in my opinion.
Thank you for sharing!

ERIKA

Yamadori
Reaction score
For me...this only works because of the low jins.

And it works well!

Keep them pads Box Tidy and you're good to go!

I like your style!

Sorce

Thank you... I decided to turn the lower branches into jins as they are way too low in the trunk and too far from the top branches... I need to re-carve the jins to make them look more natural though :D

ERIKA

Yamadori
Reaction score
Using a broken vase is really interesting and unique. Looks good, only the top jin looks a bit too artificially carved in my opinion.
Thank you for sharing!

Thank you... I actually mentioned to Sorce that I need to re-do the jins ... I only used a sharp knife to shape them... I still need to find the best carving tool that will be suitable to a newbie like me :):):)

Top Bottom