Bonsai in Taiwan

olympics

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Does any of you folks have recommendations or experience in Bonsai in Taiwan?

Hi @cockroach I tried to shoot you a DM, but because I'm new it must be restricted.

I'm a total novice (a half dozen pre-bonsai, one juniper wired) but I belong to my local club and all of the elders there recommended I seize the opportunity for bonsai shopping while I'm in Taiwan for two weeks at the end of this month. I'm looking to bring back to the US as many pots and other accessories as I can fit into my suitcase. Other than visiting Amy Liang's museum, I'm not sure where else to look and would love your help if possible. Thank you for your time!

I am almost certain you can't ship live trees to the US, but check out the weekend flower market (Jianguo market) in Taipei, near 大安. I was more focused on oogling the orchids when I was there but they have some nice shohin trees, and the vendors probably carry pots.

Hi @cockroach I tried to shoot you a DM, but because I'm new it must be restricted.

I'm a total novice (a half dozen pre-bonsai, one juniper wired) but I belong to my local club and all of the elders there recommended I seize the opportunity for bonsai shopping while I'm in Taiwan for two weeks at the end of this month. I'm looking to bring back to the US as many pots and other accessories as I can fit into my suitcase. Other than visiting Amy Liang's museum, I'm not sure where else to look and would love your help if possible. Thank you for your time!
I have sent you a PM.

Back
Top Bottom