Bonsai Christmas Gift Suggestions...

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have it, and love it. Wish my trees looked like I knew how to consistently apply it. Good suggestion.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
One of my favorite bonsai books... It doesn't get enough press, in my opinion.

View attachment 168512

You can pick it up at:

American Bonsai Society or Stone Lantern
Very good book. One that the late Jim swore should be on every bonsai lovers shelf. No matter how many years experience under ones belt. He felt he still pulled it out for refreshing ones mind. He had me wait for this second edition. For he had the first and seen what went into the second one which was close to production back then. Very good book to have for sure! Love mine...

Reactions: Vin

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
One of my favorite bonsai books... It doesn't get enough press, in my opinion.

View attachment 168512

You can pick it up at:

American Bonsai Society or Stone Lantern
Do you have, or can you take, a photo of the table of contents? I’m interested in what’s covered and the number of pages devoted to a subject. The number of pages tells me about how much depth might really be there....and how it might differ from hundreds of other books.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Do you have, or can you take, a photo of the table of contents? I’m interested in what’s covered and the number of pages devoted to a subject. The number of pages tells me about how much depth might really be there....and how it might differ from hundreds of other books.

Here ya go...

table-o-contents.jpg

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I like to suggest this book for beginners. Bonsai. Techniques, Styles, display ideas by Peter Warren published 2014. Good Xmas idea.

Attachments

• IMG_0889.JPG
    IMG_0889.JPG
    199.4 KB · Views: 36

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Bonsai Christmas Recipe
5 lb.Neem Meal, 1 lb.Blood meal, 1 lb.Bone Meal, 1 pint Alaskan Fish Fertilizer.
Stir to thick paste. ( add warm water if needed)
Press flat on cookie sheet , score with pizza cutter when still wet. Dry in the sun.

Attachments

• Bonsai Brownies.jpg
    Bonsai Brownies.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 39

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I found earlier today, but thanks bud.

Looks like Corin only has 3 copy's left so best order one. Glowing recommendations, and looks like just what I'm after.
You're welcome. I've got the book for some time from StoneLantern, one of my best books. Found the GBS site recently and bought few nice books from them without paying custom tax...

augustine

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I second Riversedge suggestion, the Peter Warren book is very good, great layout, photos, paper, a fine book in both content and construction.

Personally I think it would be good for intermediate practitioners as well as beginners

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A 100 pound bag of miracle grow and a 55 gallon drum of Molemax.

Reactions: Vin
Top Bottom