Bonsai-A-Thon XXI, February 25 & 26, 2017

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
We invite everyone – bonsai novices, enthusiasts and experts – to our annual fundraising event on behalf of the Golden State Bonsai Federation Collection at The Huntington. Find us at The Brody Botanical Center at The Huntington, 1151 Oxford Road, San Marino, California.

Featuring
  • Extensive Bazaar Area – Select vendor selling top-quality tools, pots and trees (raw material to display-ready) masterpiece trees on display
  • Bonsai Exhibit – Beautiful trees on display
  • Demonstrations – Initial training and advanced styling by experts
  • Daily Benefit Drawing & Auction – Demonstration and donated trees, pots, tools and more

Events for GSBF Early Bird Passes & Bonsai Club Members Only (Subject to change)
  • Guided Tours – Led by Jim Folsom, Director of the Huntington Botanical Gardens, at 10:00AM each day
About the Bonsai-A-Thon
The Bonsai-A-Thon is the major fund raiser for the GSBF Collection at The Huntington. The Bonsai-A-Thon is held on the last weekend in the month of February. The event has been expanding since inception. Each year you can expect 20 vendors selling pots, finished bonsai, raw bonsai stock, tools, akadama, scoria, accessories, and suiseki (viewing stones). Each day you can expect four to five demonstrators. They are picked not only from Southern California, but from the state at large and when available nationally known demonstrators as well. The trees from these demonstrations are auctioned at the end of the day. Along with the auction a large benefit drawing is held daily.

Information can be found HERE.

Last edited:

zelk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Hoping I can make it as well. I love this event. be sure to see the rest of the Huntington Estate while you are there as it is included in admission!

hemmy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
We invite everyone – bonsai novices, enthusiasts and experts – to our annual fundraising event on behalf of the Golden State Bonsai Federation Collection at The Huntington. Find us at The Brody Botanical Center at The Huntington, 1151 Oxford Road, San Marino, California.

Featuring
  • Extensive Bazaar Area – Select vendor selling top-quality tools, pots and trees (raw material to display-ready) masterpiece trees on display
  • Bonsai Exhibit – Beautiful trees on display
  • Demonstrations – Initial training and advanced styling by experts
  • Daily Benefit Drawing & Auction – Demonstration and donated trees, pots, tools and more

Events for GSBF Early Bird Passes & Bonsai Club Members Only (Subject to change)
  • Guided Tours – Led by Jim Folsom, Director of the Huntington Botanical Gardens, at 10:00AM each day
About the Bonsai-A-Thon
The Bonsai-A-Thon is the major fund raiser for the GSBF Collection at The Huntington. The Bonsai-A-Thon is held on the last weekend in the month of February. The event has been expanding since inception. Each year you can expect 20 vendors selling pots, finished bonsai, raw bonsai stock, tools, akadama, scoria, accessories, and suiseki (viewing stones). Each day you can expect four to five demonstrators. They are picked not only from Southern California, but from the state at large and when available nationally known demonstrators as well. The trees from these demonstrations are auctioned at the end of the day. Along with the auction a large benefit drawing is held daily.

Information can be found HERE.
@Bonsai Nut what is needed to get in early as a club member? Just badge from your home club or is there a list! Thanks!

ColinFraser

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
@Bonsai Nut what is needed to get in early as a club member? Just badge from your home club or is there a list! Thanks!
Two years ago there was a badge on their website that I printed out and wore along with my club badge - no registration list that I was aware of. Haven't seen a printable badge online this year though . . .

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
I really want to make it, but may have conflicts this weekend. We'll see.

If I go I'll definitely try to say hi to fellow bnutters!

carobone

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Two years ago there was a badge on their website that I printed out and wore along with my club badge - no registration list that I was aware of. Haven't seen a printable badge online this year though . . .

There should be pre-printed badge available onsite

zelk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I will be going! I am a member of the San Diego bonsai club but I plan on just showing up and paying the regular admission fee. I have had no problems but I am not aware if there is any added benefit to going under an organization.

zelk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I think Early bird entry would be the benefit, right?
Never heard of it or how to get in. I'm guessing it may be beneficial to get into a sale early but that's about it.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
I really wanted to come this year but things did not work out. Hopefully the next big shindig you all throw out that way I will be able to come.

Top Bottom