Barter..Your tree for my services;)

D'Angelo

Mame
Reaction score
hey guys, I'm just throwing this out there. I'm a Master Engraver who was the former Chief engraver for Smith&Wesson, I worked for Colt and have done work for Collectors ,Celebrities ect...my work has appeared in numerous publications and such. But my true passion is Bonsai;), Most of my work averages in the $3000.00 - $6000.00 or so price range costly I know, but its all done by hand. If your an avid gun enthusiast who always wanted and engraved show piece, this could be for you. I'm willing to trade my services in exchange for bonsai equal in value. Feel free to check out my work... http://dangeloengraving.com/ Here is one small sample of what you could get..... (Engraving only, gun not Included)
henry%20%282%29.jpg
I'm open to any and all serious offers;)

D'Angelo

Mame
Reaction score
Maybe you need to trade an engraved set of bonsai tools :)

I enjoy woodworking when I have the time. But I don't know that I could ever make a living from it. I am about to build a few bonsai stands. Maybe this whole barter thing will catch on?

Awesome!!...one never knows!!;).....the average hardworking person usually can not afford my services and when they do, it has taken them a long time to save up for it, that's. why I always give my customers more. This may be a way for someone who always wanted an Embellished firearm to have one ;)

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Oh I could not afford it,but yes it would be cool to see.

nathanbs

Omono
Reaction score
I've been offered trees in trade for a Camaro restoration but unfortunately I need to put money in the bank to keep my doors open otherwise I would have jumped on it in a heartbeat and the trees were from a very reputable grower/nursery. Still hoping to somehow work it out. We are talking 25,000-30,000. On the subject what is a fair trade considering cash is king? In D'angelos cAse he's the one soliciting the trade so the advantage is in the bonsai growers court in my case the grower solicited the trade so ball's in my court.

D'angelo you need to find that right person. Bonsai artist/grower and gun collector

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pretty funny, because I collect both bonsai and guns. Odd I know. Very nice work.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
JDK, why is that odd? I have a collection of guns, nothing of the type that D'Angleo posted here of course. I am an NRA member and an avid shooter.

ed

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
D'Angelo, that is some amazing work ! You are a true craftsmen and artist. How did you get into this, how do you ever learn to do that? That gun you posted is beautiful, if I owned it I would be afraid to shoot it. I would want it displayed in glass case.

ed

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Avid gun owner here as well....D'Angelo great work.

Brian

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Avid gun owner here as well....D'Angelo great work.

Brian

Me too and agreed. That is an awesome work. WOW! :)

I do not really "collect" guns...I use them all, no safe queen here. Though I haven't been to the range much lately. :(

D'Angelo

Mame
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the kind compliments, I'm a self taught engraver and yes, I do this as a fulltime job. You guys are mistaken to think that these guns are to pretty to use, they are perfectly safe to be used by an avid shooter , so longer as your not throwing your guns on the ground, treat them as a regular gun...even with 22kt gold inlays;) although most of the collectors I do work for have them for viewing only, they can be used!! Granted ,if its embellished to this degree...I would advise to not shoot it, unless you don't mind a cylinder ring from the rotation of the cylinder being cycled.
D%27Angelo-Francolini.jpg
But this type of engraving coverage can be used on a regular basis!!
DSCF1224_copy.jpg

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thanks guys for the kind compliments, I'm a self taught engraver and yes, I do this as a fulltime job.

My hats off to you much more now. (Much more respect) :)

I know they can be used but why "ruin" their value by doing so? If I can afford that work, I'll buy another to shoot! LOL :p

Top Bottom