Azalea- Full sun or partial sun

Ramman

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
I am going to prune my nursery chizen azalea all the way down. I hear different points of view about sun. Care ,full or partial. I can keep outside exposed to full sun or I have a screened in patio open on two sides and on top for partial. What would be best after heavy prune,and after growth starts Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0390.jpeg
    IMG_0390.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0391.jpeg
    IMG_0391.jpeg
    250.3 KB · Views: 8

Ramman

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Sorry my error just upset that I am getting no posts or replies on my full or partial sun on azalea post very important to my area because of heat in late spring and summer. I do have a semi enclosed screened in patio with open screened roof. Zone 9b near ocean st Augustine fl

Charlo

Seed
Reaction score
I am going to prune my nursery chizen azalea all the way down. I hear different points of view about sun. Care ,full or partial. I can keep outside exposed to full sun or I have a screened in patio open on two sides and on top for partial. What would be best after heavy prune,and after growth starts Thanks in advance
Nice with single trunk. I have not done a hard prune on mine yet, so I will also be interested to see what others have to say in response to this post. I live at a high elevation and only give my azaleas a short period of morning sun.

hardtimes

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
most azaleas take partial sun. if you bought it at a local nursery and it was in full sun where you found it, then chances are that it can take full sun, but you would have to watch out for leaf burn in the summer to confirm

roberthu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
It really depends on where you are. If your summer is cool and rarely gets over 85F, then it doesn't really matter that much. But if your summer is usually over 90F, then morning sun and afternoon shade is a safer bet.
Also, you watering regime and potting medium matter. It all depends...

Top Bottom