An unusual Trident

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
This season I’ll use the long shoots for thread grafting. One or two will exit through the callous to help with the healing. The rest I’ll cut back, but the focus is on growth to heal the wounds.

Scott

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
This season I’ll use the long shoots for thread grafting. One or two will exit through the callous to help with the healing. The rest I’ll cut back, but the focus is on growth to heal the wounds.

Scott
When will you do those thread grafts Scott?
Just as buds are moving??

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
When will you do those thread grafts Scott?
Just as buds are moving??

Anytime between now and spring is OK. As you approach spring and the buds begin to swell, you have to drill a bigger hole to accommodate the buds and run a greater risk of breaking one off.

Scott

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
If you look at the Grafting 101 thread, there’s a discussion about timing as well as instructions on how to thread graft starting here.

S
Always great to see you work. Inspirational to say the least. I just grabbed a Shiner and got a thread graft done in a second that I had been planning for monrhs.

Lars Grimm

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@markyscott any experience or thoughts about bridge grafting or thread grafting next to the scar? Theoretically it makes sense to me that this would increase the flow of nutrients to the area and thus promote faster wound healing.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
@markyscott any experience or thoughts about bridge grafting or thread grafting next to the scar? Theoretically it makes sense to me that this would increase the flow of nutrients to the area and thus promote faster wound healing.

Hi Lars. I’ve tried bridge grafting before, but I didn’t like the results very much in the case I tried. Al called it at the time. This time I’m just focusing on growth. It’s healing quickly and I don’t thing I need extra grafts to close the wound.

S

Top Bottom