Amur maple discoloration

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Has anyone with amur maple seeing this? This was the third extension of growth and I thought it was going to harden off but it never change color. I guess it hardened off, but never turned green.
Wondering if it’s some sort of chlorosis or fertilizer issue. The health of the tree otherwise seems fine it grew really strong this summer. Are used a mix of organic pellets, and a osmocote slow release.
Just curious?

Attachments

• IMG_1599.jpeg
    IMG_1599.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1598.jpeg
    IMG_1598.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 57
Yeah, I’m pretty sure. The darker leaves look more representative than the pale ones. Although l got this tree when someone contacted my club and said he had a bunch of tridents growing on cd’s. Iwas a bit let down when it leafed out and didn’t look like trident eaves l have seen.
Thanks

The mature leaves look more like amur, but ALL the foliage looks like the tree has been struggling.
Definitely chlorosis, I spot what may be powdery mildew setting in, though that's not uncommon for this time of year in the intermountain region.

Are they in the ground or in pots?

Ya Paul, it looks like an amur verses a trident, but for this part of the world I would way rather have the amur. Strong grower, wonderful fall colors and can stand a lot of cold which we have. If you want to get rid of it, I'll buy it from you.

Has anyone with amur maple seeing this? This was the third extension of growth and I thought it was going to harden off but it never change color. I guess it hardened off, but never turned green.
Wondering if it’s some sort of chlorosis or fertilizer issue. The health of the tree otherwise seems fine it grew really strong this summer. Are used a mix of organic pellets, and a osmocote slow release.
Just curious?
Even though Amur is better able to handle hard/high ph water, they still routinely develop chlorosis under those conditions. Being from Wyoming, I dealt with this also, but it was more evident in areas with very high ph. Check the ph of your water and then use a product to mitigate.

Back
Top Bottom