Adenanthos Sericeus (Woolly Bush) - Western Australia

Patmet

Seedling
Reaction score
G'day from Western Australia. I've been a member here for a few years, but first time posting.

Upon doing some googling for Adenanthos being used as bonsai, I've seen some threads here come up. Seeing as they are available in at least some parts of the United States, I thought I'd share one of mine I've been developing for a few years.

The species is native to where I live in the Great Southern region of Western Australia, where we have a warm mediterranean climate. It is adapted to grow in pretty tough environments along the coast, in nutrient poor sandy soil. I've seen them growing on wind blasted sand dunes where they are a stunted shrub, but also further inland in sheltered forest where they can become a small tree.

I started working on this from nursery stock I obtained late 2021. It has done everything I could ask of it in response to bonsai work since then, and has developed quite rapidly.

I have a fairly thorough account of everything I have done with it over the years on the Ausbonsai forum, but I'll just summarise where it started to where it is now here.

January 2022
Screenshot_20240223_085336_Gallery.jpg

January 2022 - The first work to head in the current direction.
Screenshot_20240223_085344_Gallery.jpg

Feb 2024 after a prune and clean out.
20240222_175256 (1).jpg

20240222_180032.jpg

20240222_180007.jpg

Back
Top Bottom