A Little Twist

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Put the poo in tea bags so that the poo solids don't get in the Turface and there is no problem.
Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it.
I've been using BioGold in tea bags, and also liquid (chemical). Is BioGold considered poo in this context?

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it.
I've been using BioGold in tea bags, and also liquid (chemical). Is BioGold considered poo in this context?
bio gold is poo..industrial poo but the same in this context.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I should have mowed the grass moss, but this happens fairly easily over the winter in my neck of the woods. Flowers start out pure white and are pink by the time they drop. Today's pic is mid-age blossoms.

View attachment 183956
Honestly the moss and flowers together on this Bonsai looks fantastic!
Well done;)

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I'm putting together an order with evergreen garden works for 3 or 4 maples, and after buying
2 different type of crabapple trees for the yard this weekend, you've inspired me to step outside
my traditional box of conifers, and now maples too, to try a flowering tree for bonsai. Thanks for that!

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
You asked about bark on these in your opening post. This is what you can expect after 25 years. It'll go into its first bonsai pot after flowering next Spring - long old journey. They are very slow to thicken. IMG_20190719_145421.jpg
IMG_20190719_145406.jpg

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It is a charming plant. I was lucky to find a few "Kojo no mai" (9) in 4" pots late winter. I put three in pots and ordered 6 more that I put in the ground. The 3 in potting mix started well and then lost there leaves. The ones in the ground never missed a beat so I put the sickly looking potted ones in the ground and they look great now. My plan is to leave them in the ground for 2 or 3 years and just lightly nudge them along with a little judicious pruning and such.
These ones shown look great. Thanks for sharing.

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
@0soyoung , it's my understanding that 'Little Twist' and 'Kojo no mai' are synonymous. Little Twist is the marketing/renaming for the American market.
I had no clue. Thanks! :D

Since you told me, I went Googling and see that I should have known this long ago.
I'm a bit slow. 👴

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thank you, you are most kind.

I've just chased the left side back a bit. Otherwise it is little changed. I wasn't intending to post anything further until after I had repotted it a bit to the right, next spring, but I'll try to snap a pic before the leaves are gone.

I use just straight Turface MVP.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Thank you, you are most kind.

I've just chased the left side back a bit. Otherwise it is little changed. I wasn't intending to post anything further until after I had repotted it a bit to the right, next spring, but I'll try to snap a pic before the leaves are gone.

I use just straight Turface MVP.
No thank you for the encouragement 😀 yes I would love to see updates. Thanks for the tips on the soil and will look into it.
michael

Top Bottom