3 big OLD cherry trees.

Victorim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Interesting.

My other half was showing me a bloom guide earlier she found, showing where and when to see them. Been saying for years i want to holiday there.. maybe shes warming to the idea.

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Just goes to show that with great care for generations, a tree can easily outlive it's life expectancy. Beautiful trees indeed.

Aaron

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thanks,Judy.It is funny because after work I went to lowes to take a gander at what they might have in Cherry trees ,thought of layering the top off a weeping form.Just as I was contemplating all the flower buds emerging from this one specimen,the gentleman whom I donated my small collection to last year strolls on up and asks me if I was considering doing bonsai:D
So yea,after I get settled into my new house,I got a place designated'bonsai garden'.And Michael lives just down the road,so hey,got a bonsai buddy to talk bonsai.I am planning to create some trees for his club meetings.
Also forwarded this very interesting article.Thanks,good read.

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
They are lovely trees but I fear the age is grossly exaggerated. Something the Japanese have a tendency to do.

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Great trees none the less, it would be an honor to stand next to them

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
They are lovely trees but I fear the age is grossly exaggerated. Something the Japanese have a tendency to do.
Perhaps, but who actually knows for sure. If they have dates from the actual planting of the trees, then maybe they are not so exaggerated.

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
Here sits "Shadow" at the base of the young sakura. It's growing like crazy! Air/layers at the trunk or at branch tips are a quick snap.P1010528.JPG

ralf

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Respect and admiration.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I was looking at the ones in DC yesterday. Even with the late freeze, they still look good.
I cold stratified 10 sakura seeds last year, planted them a few weeks ago.

Top Bottom