1 million posts!

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I should have probably announced something more formal, but I was busy growing my black pine seedlings :)

500,000 posts came and went like a flash. For those of you who were here in the 2006-2008 time-frame, I'm sure you remember the days when we had a smaller (and more contentious) membership. The only thing missing from our bonsai arguments were beers... among friends.

As is often the case... 1 million is around the corner. I look forward to seeing you all when we say... "remember when..."

plant_dr

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I should have probably announced something more formal, but I was busy growing my black pine seedlings :)

500,000 posts came and went like a flash. For those of you who were here in the 2006-2008 time-frame, I'm sure you remember the days when we had a smaller (and more contentious) membership. The only thing missing from our bonsai arguments were beers... among friends.

As is often the case... 1 million is around the corner. I look forward to seeing you all when we say... "remember when..."
Wow, that came fast!

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
For those of you who were here in the 2006-2008 time-frame, I'm sure you remember the days when we had a smaller (and more contentious) membership. The only thing missing from our bonsai arguments were beers... among friends./QUOTE]

Tales of our sobriety have been greatly exaggerated ... fabricated merely to impress the impressionable young minds of the day, and bend them towards the useful and the good ... the bset arguments - and stylings, BTW - were usually inspired by absinthe though, if I recall correctly ... (and it's certainly possible that I don't recall correctly at all!!

Joking and craziness aside, I want to thank you, B'Nut for conceiving, starting and maintaining such a marvelous site all these years. It is a true home and community for many of us here. Kudo's and great admiration, and many thanks.

G52

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
As Judy states...great community.l also love the archives one can look at in ones search of the site. Valuable information to be gained there.

Though not here back in the earlier years...but I sure recall my overwhelming Hammie persona...(from over the hedge : movie) Goodness...from past experience with conflicting information when I tried first landscaping on my own using a Google search. This forum is a breath of fresh air! I felt sort of a hazing...of who is strong enough and dedicated to the hobby stuck around. Had I thin skin...I would have slunk with the tail between my legs. Glad I had a solid backbone...It's mellowed even since I first joined. But...I miss my head butting with the late Jim. His way taught me a lot. He is surely missed by me... He has an amazing archive that I pray stays and never is lost.

@jkl for any newbies wanting some good reads...he's passed on. So some good posts are lost to many who didn't know him. But worth looking up in archives by using the forums search engine.

Hats off to Greg for doing such a fantastic job of creating a great forum that is easy to navigate. Much appreciated...I would not be where I am today...without this fine group and a great circle of bonsai friends who share their knowledge.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
As Judy states...great community.l also love the archives one can look at in ones search of the site. Valuable information to be gained there... Hats off to Greg for doing such a fantastic job of creating a great forum that is easy to navigate. Much appreciated...I would not be where I am today...without this fine group and a great circle of bonsai friends who share their knowledge.

Word! I couldn't feel more intimidated and comfortable. Warm and welcoming. This is wonderful. Many happy returns of the day!

plant_dr

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So how close to 1 million are we?

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
Yeee buddyyy. This forum has a wealth of great information. Lots of good stuff in the archives and knowledgeable members. Glad to see the site grow.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I remember when I started posting on a reef aquarium forum that had (at the time) about 800,000 posts. Today it has more than 12 million :)

Forum sites like ours depend on two things - a strong interactive community willing to share information, and a good search function. Because once you hit 1 million posts... that's a lot of content for your search engine to plow through when people start asking specific questions like "strength of rooting hormone black pine".

Our search function is still pretty fast, but there will come a time when we have to upgrade. Plans are on the table, but I think we are still a couple years off from needing change.

zelk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I remember when the forum was brand new!! So happy to see it still going strong and hitting the 1,000,000 post milestone.

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
200px-Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

Top Bottom