yamadori aftercare thought

Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
i believe that misting and watering newly collected trees, should be done with either well or spring, or some other natural water, that does not have chlorine/fluoride in it. My reasoning is that the tree and its mycorrhiza have never experienced these chemicals and they will either kill off the mycorrhiza or stunt new root development. I do this for the first month or so, then switch to city water.... so far i believe this helps.
any thoughts or other yamadori aftercare tips?

bonsaichile

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I dont think the amount of chlorine or fluoride in tap water would be concentrated enough to make a difference

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you believe it, then do it. Unlikely any of us would take the time and effort to actually do the experiment to find out if you're right or not.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sounds expensive...and mostly unnecessary, but won't hurt.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
If you believe it, then do it. Unlikely any of us would take the time and effort to actually do the experiment to find out if you're right or not.
Brian.... you've collected plenty of ponderosa out west, what's your aftercare like?

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
For Ponderosa I boxed or potted up, buried in a bank of pea gravel on the north side of my house, misted often and waited for a year or more. We had hot, dry summers so the gravel kept things moist but still well draining. I did not worry about chlorine in the municipal water. I had about 80% success rate.

Top Bottom