White mildew and spots on Deshojo Maple leaves

Mr. Watanabe

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi All,

I recently got these white powdery patches on the leaves of my Deshojo. I believe it’s powdery mildew. It’s looks like the white powdery patches eventually turn those areas dark.

How do you get rid of this?
Do i cut those leaves off?

This all started when I moved the plant to an area where it was between bigger trees and only received fulll sun from 8-2. I’m going to move it to a more sunny isolated spot.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8989.jpeg
    IMG_8989.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 22
Apply a fungicide labelled for powdery mildew and try to avoid wetting the leaves when you water your trees. More sun should help dry things out.

Worth noting that many fungicides are largely preventative when it comes to powdery mildew, and struggle to remove an existing disease. One thing that reliably removes an existing powdery mildew problem is JMS Stylet Oil, which is a mineral oil made for fungal issues.

Apply a fungicide labelled for powdery mildew and try to avoid wetting the leaves when you water your trees. More sun should help dry things out.
Worth noting that many fungicides are largely preventative when it comes to powdery mildew, and struggle to remove an existing disease. One thing that reliably removes an existing powdery mildew problem is JMS Stylet Oil, which is a mineral oil made for fungal issues.
Thanks. I'll have to find this.

Thanks. It was in humid darker area with less wind and got wet.

1.5% peroxide solution can combat mildew and shouldn't hurt the leaves.
The parts that were affected can show some discoloration later on though.

1.5% peroxide solution can combat mildew and shouldn't hurt the leaves.
The parts that were affected can show some discoloration later on though.
Thanks. I was going to go to Home Depot today to see what they have but may try this out instead.

Back
Top Bottom