Those who follow Ryan Neil ... question for you

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I'm curious...what's his stance on deadwood on deciduous?

I heard one saying sometimes he's for a flawless trunk...and yet has sometimes say it's okay. Speaking deciduous.

I don't follow him. But I know many members here do or have in the past.

I have never had one tell me he's stood for deadwood on deciduous before.

So...please I'm curious. I don't mean to beat a dead dog... but I'm curious. If he's been for it. Why it hasn't caught on. For more being in favor of it.

Last edited:

He's not so much into preserving jins on deciduous. He's got deadwood on this beaver chewed quaking aspen but his styling choice would be to naturally let it rot out than to try to use a wood hardener to keep it.

On this field maple he's styling it with an uro that he's slowly letting rot instead of carving.

He's not so much into preserving jins on deciduous. He's got deadwood on this beaver chewed quaking aspen but his styling choice would be to naturally let it rot out than to try to use a wood hardener to keep it.

On this field maple he's styling it with an uro that he's slowly letting rot instead of carving.
Appreciate these links. Thank you!

it's entirely dependent on the tree with Ryan. If the tree presents itself as a good candidate for a clean trunk he's all for it, but he embraces deadwood too. I agree with Empty Mountain, I've never seen him try to save dead wood from rotting out, just lets it happen if it's going to.

Chewed over that Ryan has deciduous trees that have scars... he's not truly weighed heavily changed the view of deciduous with scars by his owning them. Is my take... For...this knowledge never hit my radar up until now.

I will say...I had hoped it was new news...and it would go far. But now...I pause...and think... my voice just got softer. Less heard...because...I'm just a backyard hobbiest squeaking. When Ryan truly hasn't made any radical step for deciduous having scars that I can see or at least know of.

It was...enlightening. I did find...pleasure in the fact he has some on his bench. 🙂 so there is that.

Thanks again for the links.

Back
Top Bottom