Shady's Latest Dumbassary

I did not get to the shed today.
👇

New bench.
IMG_20230502_135333_523.jpg
Just a pallet with legs; almost as crappy as my reused fence bench, but flatter on top.

And we got started on planting the vegetable garden today.
Still have to call my oldest daughters' principal. Who the makes the kids getting bullied stay inside for lunch?!😡

IMG_20230505_222130_353.jpg
My oldest's latest project.
We'll see how far the word has spread in one week.

Anywho, the shed.

Got half of it done.
IMG_20230509_124633_341.jpg
But the other half 😬
IMG_20230509_124647_627.jpg

Oh, well, that wasn't quite as bad as I was afraid of.
IMG_20230509_131757_172.jpg
But where to put this?
IMG_20230509_131607_169.jpg
Whatever, I've been having to Jacky Chan over it all for 6 months. Anything's an improvement.
IMG_20230509_142226_670.jpg
Some sorting and organizing to do, but otherwise all done.

Now I can start on my laundry room.
🙄

String cheese and apples for breakfast with my 4 year old son, and he wanted to plant the seeds.
IMG_20230518_092858_623.jpg
He even picked the pot himself.😁
We'll see what happens. I have a little lemon tree from a seed I planted a couple years ago, so I'm betting on something fun happening.

Forgot to update the seeds I've been stratifying.
Got the big tooth maples planted in a flat a week ago, but only the 14 best looking out of the ones I had. Many of them had started molding in the fridge. Last night saw a couple had popped.
IMG_20230531_112324_431.jpg
Not too excited because there were two seeds that had roots extending from the stratification time. I'm hoping to see more, but the condition of many of the seeds has tempered my expectations significantly.

3 Rocky Mountain junipers that planted themselves last year, and made it through winter. They've gotten a bit of tree and shrub feet in spring, and watered, and that's it.
IMG_20230531_110554_340.jpg
Only one has really grown at all, so the others will likely be culled if nature doesn't do it for me.
Hoping for some nice thick foliage, but really won't know for a couple more years.

Sure glad I built that other bench because I woke up to this this morning.
IMG_20230606_063825_147.jpg
The whole bench folded right over in the rainstorm last night. One of the wires that held it stable broke the other day, and I hadn't gotten to fixing it yet.

A few trees dumped from their pots, but otherwise not bad. Some character added, but no major style choices made from me.
My yamadori mame collected this spring was MIA for a little while, but I finally found it another tree.
Anyways, yeah, new benches on the list.

Seed updates.

The two big tooth maples ran out of room in their covered container, so I took the lid off.
IMG_20230611_083902_986.jpg
They do not have big teeth, nor do they look like maples. I'm sure they'll grow up just fine, though.
Will get their first fertilizer dose soon I think.

Planted my curl leaf mountain mahogany seeds today.
I'm going to use some for the ROR contest, so I've been documenting over there. Here's the link to the latest post.

Update on the big tooth maples.
No other seeds have sprouted, but these two have actual maple type leaves now. Otherwise, they've done next to nothing in a month and a half.

I need to rearrange some things, but I think I'll pull them out of the greenhouse and put them with the rest of my trees. Maybe more fresh air and sunlight is what they need.

Seed updates.

The two big tooth maples ran out of room in their covered container, so I took the lid off.
View attachment 493267
They do not have big teeth, nor do they look like maples. I'm sure they'll grow up just fine, though.
Will get their first fertilizer dose soon I think.

Planted my curl leaf mountain mahogany seeds today.
I'm going to use some for the ROR contest, so I've been documenting over there. Here's the link to the latest post.
Hehe!

Those TOTALLY look like maple seedlings!

Been a while.

Those two maple seedlings didn't make it. Not sure if they dampened off or what, but they eventually wilted away. Nothing at all from the cercocarpus.
Still keeping the trays going just in case, but no real hopes.

With all my trees behind a fence I've really not done much all summer until today.

Tiny bit of wire on a benjamina clump.
IMG_20230924_130628_734.jpg
Totally should've thought that out more. Started splitting the branch off. Hopefully it heals back together.

And a new go at the ROR challenge with a tiger bark.
IMG_20230924_133859_916.jpg
You can find details over in my contest thread.

About time to clear out the garden, but migrating my tropicals will come first. As soon as we have a few consecutive nights in the 40s. So far it's shaping up to be a real autumn here, so shouldn't be long.

Back
Top Bottom