Planning on building a 8x3 ft forest

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The idea of different thickness trees is to give a good sense of distance, the forest will be made out of 3 distinct groups to emphasise that.
I understand the principle behind forest arrangement. I have built my own smaller forest that is still in development.

I just don't think the trees selected will provide a convincing image of a forest.

They are nice trees but I dont that they are not going to work in this composition the way you think they will. Will look more like some large trees staning out in the middle of a field with another group standing in the field at a distance.

Just my opinion. If that's the image you want and like they are your trees and it's your project. I hope it comes together in the way you want.

Again, like the idea of a large maple forest.
My favorite forest is Mach5's beech forest which is probably why I like less chunky trees for a forest.

BEECH 4_20.jpg

I think this is Bill Valvanis's, not sure but I also love this one.
6-2012.jpg

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

The main concept will be to mimic some of the landscape we could see at mount Fuji, were the blend of autumn colours can create a show on its own in bonsai form.
I understand that wood is not the best material although I see it as a way to hide all the training pots wile the composition is being trained, for a final pot I envision several smaller unglazed pots forming a larger one almost as a jigsaw 🧩 puzzle (I may have to remortgage the house for that 😂)

View attachment 537292

Might want to check out this link even though the forest has all same trees. Especially Height/layout/planting order of trees diagram Per Kato/Valvanis recommendations.

Good luck
DSD sends

Top Bottom