Overpriced olive stump/place to buy one?

CrippyFreaky24

Yamadori
Reaction score
Hey guys. There is this olive stump I came across on eBay, by a seller named 3m.bonsai, who I’ve seen some posts about. The stump is priced at $368, and this is the item description on the dimensions:
Fruiting Olive Tree , Bonsai Tree
___ L8,W8,H18 ( 7 INCHES TRUNK)

I have seen some threads on this seller, with people buying from him and comments about his prices. I also have seen people talking about how they got whole olive trees or large olive stumps for a few hundred dollars, so my question is, is there a better place/person to buy an olive stump from? Is this stump overpriced? I believe some of his items are wildly over priced, such as this stump: https://www.ebay.com/itm/155598437729?hash=item243a63bd61:g:tcsAAOSwzvFkgi29

However, I’m not sure what to think about the price of this one I’m looking at. I’d like to be able to get a larger stump but I’m not sure if it’s affordable. The picture posted is the one Im looking at.

Attachments

• F05CE405-03AB-4891-9EB4-D7F2B331E8FC.jpeg
    F05CE405-03AB-4891-9EB4-D7F2B331E8FC.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 53

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I looked at his store on eBay and I think most of his prices are very high... but he has a lot of feedback and it is all 100% positive, so buyers have been happy with what they have gotten. A lot of these sellers from Westminster and Gardena are in the commercial landscape business, and there are a lot of old olive trees that people want dug up and tossed, so these olive stumps are not as rare as you might believe (at least in southern California).

However if you know what you're doing, you can get a decent tree from that stump in a relatively short time, and when you are done building out the branches, it would be worth more than $368. The same can not be said for a lot of the other trees he is selling.

Last edited:

Dmvbonsai

Mame
Reaction score
I’ll also add that his trees are very healthy. I/my dogs have tortured them and they have prevailed. But yes he does price for the eBay market at face value lol

CrippyFreaky24

Yamadori
Reaction score
I bought from him. Message him and offer lower. He’ll take it. Super sensible guy despite whatever prices he posts
Thanks, I’ll message him and see if I can get it lowered. I think some of the price is also the free shipping he has on his trees.

CrippyFreaky24

Yamadori
Reaction score
I looked at his store on eBay and I think most of his prices are very high... but he has a lot of feedback and it is all 100% positive, so buyers have been happy with what they have gotten. A lot of these sellers from Westminster and Gardena are in the commercial landscape business, and there are a lot of old olive trees that people want dug up and tossed, so these olive stumps are not as rare as you might believe (at least in southern California).

However if you know what you're doing, you can get a decent tree from that stump in a relatively short time, and when you are done building out the branches, it would be worth more than $368. The same can not be said for a lot of the other trees he is selling.
Agreed. A lot of the trees I’ve seen him selling have not been very good, especially the spots where they are budding. I’ve seen some trees that look like a plain bare stump with olive seedlings growing around it for hundreds of dollars. Some are just large rough stumps going for thousands of dollars. This one however is one of the few I see some good potential in. His prices vary a lot between quality and bad.

Top Bottom