Help Me Decide on a Bonsai Pot for my JPN

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I will keep this JPN at the featured size and allow it to mature in the current pot:

A) IMG_2825.jpeg

But for the next pot, I would like advice on a better pot. I am still considering a shallower pot to accommodate the width of the trunk at the base (for better aesthetics) but considering these 4 pots below as potential next pot:

B)52E2E5F4-9500-4A15-9CF9-DF010370B36B.jpeg
The depth of option 2 is closer to the trunk width but unsure about the color scheme and if it matches the tree/foliage.

Option 3 almost feels to light and plain.

What about options 1 and 4?

I’m still browsing for more creative, rustic, glazed/unglazed shallows pots:
6B90B2A8-94F0-4F0F-87B5-4871FF876B68.jpeg

Potted for visual :
F2A5F80B-5DAB-4360-8101-15F5D85E7181.jpeg
Advice, thoughts, opinions are welcomed!

Attachments

• F2A5F80B-5DAB-4360-8101-15F5D85E7181.jpeg
    F2A5F80B-5DAB-4360-8101-15F5D85E7181.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Does blue go well with JPN? Soft/light blue? Or is a deeper and darker blue better and does not compete/disagree with the lighter foliage of JPN?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Over all I'd pick 3 or maybe A but not a good shot angle to really tell for A.
Thanks very much. I used photo leap to shop it up and the angle (both of pot picture and my tree photos) were hard to manipulate so I used them as is. I’m not very skilled at that kind of tech. I appreciate the feedback.

HENDO

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
3 is nice - cool little drum pot. Wish it was a darker, more earthy unglazed tone.

PerryB

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
A) because for needled conifers I think the pot should always be un-glazed and the darker A) is a better match to the dark trunk than the other un-glazed options. I do wish A) was shallower and wider...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
A) because for needled conifers I think the pot should always be un-glazed and the darker A) is a better match to the dark trunk than the other un-glazed options. I do wish A) was shallower and wider...
Good idea. My goal is to progressively reduce the root system over the next several years in increments until suitable for the shallower pot. Everything I else

JackHammer

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
These are all relatively feminine pots but the current pot is more square and masculine. Big flat brown shallow rectangle? With feet. 👣

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
These are all relatively feminine pots but the current pot is more square and masculine. Big flat brown shallow rectangle? With feet. 👣
At the Demo, these were given to us as participants. But for the next pot, I’ll get to choose. Eventually, I’ll reduce the root system more in preparation for a shallow pot to match the trunk/base width.

Top Bottom