First tree in my own pot!

MaxChavez

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The tree can't wait for it's second styling, but still felt momentus to use my own pot. It's coil built, and I like the organic movement of the walls, I was just pretty bummed how monotone the glaze turned out. Oh well, it was the right size and shape for this lil Mugo.
Yay ceramics!1000004615.jpg1000004614.jpg

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nicely developed tree, pot and composition. Mighty fine for sure!
I’m a fan of buried roots though….its just my way of thinking….some root exposure is good but not a lot of fine roots.

MaxChavez

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Nicely developed tree, pot and composition. Mighty fine for sure!
I’m a fan of buried roots though….its just my way of thinking….some root exposure is good but not a lot of fine roots.
Thanks! There are probably a few stragglers that could be trimmed up on the surface, however, there's also a fair amount of moss top dressing on the surface that may contribute to the messy look

MaxChavez

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Nice! It is pretty cool to see a tree in a pot made by one’s own hands. Keep up the good work! 😃
Thanks, I love your stuff!

This was from my first class at a local ceramic studio, so clay and glazes were pretty limited. Now, 3 months later, I have 2 kilns in my garage ..so, down the rabbit hole we go...

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thanks, I love your stuff!

This was from my first class at a local ceramic studio, so clay and glazes were pretty limited. Now, 3 months later, I have 2 kilns in my garage ..so, down the rabbit hole we go...

Ha! Enjoy the journey!

Top Bottom