Chamaecyparis Psifera 'Golden Mop' (False Cypress) #106

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Collected last year. Did some clean up on it today. Needs solid wiring job in Autumn. I put 5 fert baskets with a 9-5-9 fertilizer. Will let grow out and chase foliage back this spring summer to tighten up.

20240407_104514.jpg
20240407_122105.jpg

MMJNICE

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Cool little tree. Should even better after you Jin some of the dead trunks and it fills out some. Funny the house in the background looks very much like my house in Dayton Ohio... and the golden mop reminds me of a golden thuji I've been developing for the last 7 months. It's pretty thin as well and has similar barking on the trunk. Good luck with your new project. And I got to your thread by looking at another golden mop that's pretty nice.. so it's definitely possible. Any definite ideas on what kinda style your going for?

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thanks! Last year it was collected so this is the first year I am going to really put some work into it. Main goal is to chase it back a bit and get some interior growth strengthened for now. Ill consider setting some primary branches in fall if growth is good.

Its a pretty large tree... About 3ft tall. Style is still open but There are living branches coming from both trunks. Im thinking of keeping the foliage on the right mostly and having deadwood on the left of both trunks.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Top Bottom