Best online bonsai pot suppliers/makers?

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Bonsai Vision

Iker

Forest Inn Pottery

I also like nitju pots

There are several new and more experienced pot makers on the forum here that are making nice pots too

Mr. Watanabe

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bonsai Vision

Iker

Forest Inn Pottery

I also like nitju pots

There are several new and more experienced pot makers on the forum here that are making nice pots too
Great links. I like those cracked design pots and and in general pots with texture.

JoB

Yamadori
Reaction score
This is not that helpful as all are European, but....😜...Michal Mokry, Tomfish bonsai pots and Philippe Torcatis (TerreOVert) all have lovely pots

vancehanna

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
While I am a firm supporter of American and European bonsai potters (most of my pots are from those sources), it's also worth mentioning that extremely well made old and extremely useful Japanese pots are readily available in the U.S. through several suppliers. They are in line with costs of many American and European potters as well, in some cases they're cheaper and better.

Matt Ouwinga at Kaede-En bonsai is one of the best importers of Japanese pots, both extreme high end and affordable well-made Japanese pots. He sources them from Japanese bonsai nurseries where he had personal experience working. I have more than a few pots from him and I'm lucky he's right up the bay from me. Worth a spin through his inventory--he sells most on Ebay.
I knew Matt when he was just getting into Bonsai in Chicago. I was asked to do a tree demo there and met him....what a joy to see him in business and doing well! That was I guess probably around 1995 or somethng...

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
There are some nice pots usually on FB bonsai auctions site each week. I second Matt O on ebay, he's always been a good source, and good pricing for me if I want a Japanese pot. NelSon over on FB also has a good batch to sell on occasion.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I knew Matt when he was just getting into Bonsai in Chicago. I was asked to do a tree demo there and met him....what a joy to see him in business and doing well! That was I guess probably around 1995 or somethng...
I knew him from long ago online. He moved to the D.C./Md area a while back. I've been up to his place. The pots he has and the nursery he's developing up in Md are awesome.

Top Bottom