Andrea Meriggioli's Bonsai Maples Book

David P

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Hi fellow Bonsai Nuts, do any of you know where I can get a copy of Andrea Meriggioli's Maple Bonsai Book? I live in California and have not had any luck finding a copy of that book. I have read that its a great book and would love to get my own copy of it. Thanks for your help.

David P

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
I will try him on Facebook, I went directly to his website and it would not allow me to enter my US address not sure why.

Jatt

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hello friends

how much would the book cost ?
I texted Mr AM on Facebook but wanna know how much in dollars it would cost roughly + shipping

here in NY USA

thnaks folks ! …as always for sharing / teaching

NateDyk47

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
hello friends

how much would the book cost ?
I texted Mr AM on Facebook but wanna know how much in dollars it would cost roughly + shipping

here in NY USA

thnaks folks ! …as always for sharing / teaching
Mine was €145, with current exchange rates that's about $154.

dbonsaiw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Best money you will spend if you are interested in developing maples (or deciduous in general).

Kevin1968

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I paid 135 euros, but the exchange rate changes to much for that to mater. He will likely ship it fedex so you get it quickly. Well worth the money and wait.

Jatt

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
ok thnak you Kevin….

i found greenwood in UK also sells it ; I Facebook messaged Andrea too. Seems he is traveling in US - New England area so not sure when he will access messages …

sad that so many bonsai books and sites have gone defunct / out of print/ cannot find …etc

best wishes

Jatt

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
one more question = should I get Peter adams book too or just go For Andrea’s book on maples bonsai ?

thnaks for advice / prompt replies /

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yep.

Bonsai Maples is by far the most comprehensive book on growing maples in or out of print I’ve read. That said, Peter Adam’s book Bonsai with Japanese Maples has a good points to fill in. It was the best of its time. No more

Bonsai Maples is by far more comprehensive of each salient point and has variations on techniques. See the sheer volume differences.

IMG_0179.jpeg

So if one has the desire to create bonsai maples… and other similar deciduous tree bonsai, save up the cash and by Bonsai Maples. It’s so complete, it will likely suffice for a career of creating deciduous bonsai.

It’s a great present 😉

btw. Please enter your approximate location and USDA zone, by clicking your icon atop the Page. Then account details and scroll down and enter same. This information will allow others on the site help provide better information for you.

Cheers
DSD sends

Jatt

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
thanks dbonssis, Kevin and Diver …

updated profile just now - I am in Long Island NY zone 7

this bonsai nut family is simply amazing…..thanks folks

coltranem

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I have both. Andrea's book is way more in depth. If you can only have one choose his.

New England Bonsai Gardens is going to be getting some more copies soon. Don't know the cost but my guess is 140-150.

Jatt

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just got reply from greenwood uk for Andrea’s book 140 pounds , 4 days ship

Top Bottom