Thread: Best fertilizer for Chinese Elm?

Thanks

Best fertilizer for Chinese Elm?

Hi all... Wondering what type of fertilizer (liquid or pellets/ brand) you all use for you Chinese Elms. Thanks

Thanks
    To me,fertilizer is a touchy question cause' I really wanted to use organic fertilizer for my trees,liquid and cakes.I soon found out that my soil mixture is on the dense side with the composted bark potting soil I added 50% with my aggregate and the organic fert quickly clogged my soil.I need that soil,otherwise my trees will not last the day when I am at work.And I also realized I had to build a covered rain shelter to protect from rain in Winter(to wet,to long).So I have decided to use dyna-gro.I could only use organic if I were using a more open soil.
    Update:I am going all liquid organic.All I have to do is pierce a couple holes in the top layer of soil and everything draines well.I am using Earth Juice and Bio Thrive from the hydro store.I am going to use it with every watering.Luckily I have a small collection cause' it is expensive.Earth Juice is from animal and Biothrive is from vegan.I am going to alternate with every other watering.
    Last edited by cmeg1; September 6th, 2012 at 06:00 PM.

3. The following user says thank you to cmeg1 for this post:

AaronThomas (February 19th, 2012)

Thanks
    I use osmocot pellets. It works great. You can find it at any garden supply store.

5. The following user says thank you to jkd2572 for this post:

AaronThomas (February 19th, 2012)

Thanks
    I also use a higher % of potting soil with my aggregate (at least I do now) because I live in the desert... otherwise the soil is dry within hours... even during the winter. Thanks for your reply... ill look into Dyna-Gro.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 708 Posts
    ANY fertilizer with NPK and trace elements. It is 1000% immaterial to the plant whether it is organic, inorganic or whatever. There is NO mystery about fertilization, although there have been millions of words written to try to make it mysterious.
    JKL - western North Carolina - The mother of incompetence is always pregnant.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    ANY fertilizer with NPK and trace elements. It is 1000% immaterial to the plant whether it is organic, inorganic or whatever. There is NO mystery about fertilization, although there have been millions of words written to try to make it mysterious.
    Yup ! thats for certain.
    ed
    Practising Bonsai allows me to design nature in a small yet pleasing way.

Thanks
    Thanks everybody.... I guess to much info and to many opinions confused the heck outta me!

Thanks
    I have just recently gone all organic.I got Earth Juice and Bio Thrive from the hydro store.They are liquid organic.All I have to do is pierce a few holes in the soil and it draines well.The Earth Juice is animal source and the Bio Thrive is vegan source.I can alternate with every other watering since both ferts can be used with every watering.That is what I like about them.There is also Earth Juice bloom and is zero nitrogen and that is what I am using now ,along with some micronutrient.I am also using Earth Juice Catalyst.It feeds micro organisms and is also said to chealate different stuff in the soil for the plants.It also has a miniscule bit of npk.
    Last edited by cmeg1; September 6th, 2012 at 06:17 PM.

Thanks
    Whatever is on sale...

Thanks
    I use a cold water processed seaweed extract by GROWMORE. It works wonders on all of my trees!! I fertilize once a week w/ it here in Tucson Az since it is so hot all the time. Best of luck!!!