Itoigawa Shimpaku Redemption

If this one was on my bench, I might try using a jack to compress the trunk curves closer together… not sure how far the deadwood extends up the trunk- that complicates the procedure a bit as deadwood doesn’t bend😬. Still, tightening up the curves and bring the canopy back closer to the trunk base would be an improvement. I also agree that you need more movement in the branches- updownsidetoside😉

Okay so I tweaked the left branch a bit the foliage is bending up and down then the palm of the branches is facing the opposite way. I put some movement further down on the bottom cascade branch.
The top branch section that is straight unfortunately cannot be bent without totally redoing the wire. But there is a branch on the opposite side growing out right before that straight section that I may cut back to in the future.
So perhaps I can develop the lower branch more and eventually cut the apex back.. if that doesn’t evolve better, the bottom branch eventually . See this is the type of feedback I crave. Thank you.
View attachment 505488
Oh okay you mean like this?
IMG_4094.jpeg

Being a newb I'm confused by the speed in which this is taking place. I thought Bonsai was about patience... Of course, I 'm an old guy so I want to see this thing come to the end!😁😁😁

Being a newb I'm confused by the speed in which this is taking place. I thought Bonsai was about patience... Of course, I 'm an old guy so I want to see this thing come to the end!😁😁😁
I’m just taking advice for future lol … minor tweaks don’t hurt. And if you wire correctly it doesn’t really run the branches because you’re bending the wire not the branch

Eventually I think your tree will look better if it is a little simpler.
View attachment 505477
Originally I wanted to remove the bottom branch, but it actually has some movement. I can see this in a crescent pot if this ends up being the final planting position.
What about something like this?? Crescent rock

Attachments

• IMG_4515.jpeg
    IMG_4515.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom